This is a "How-To" guide to assist you in settings up a DDF® Data Feed for your Digitography website.
1. Go to the DDF® web application at http://tools.realtorlink.ca scroll down and select your board; Once you have selected the board please Log In using your credentials.
2. Select the "Data Feeds Option" and click the blue button "+Data Feed". (Please note, if this option is not clickable and it states you have no permission, please contact your brokerage and ask them if they are a part of the DDF® feed.
3. Now you will be presented with a number of steps to help guide you through the process. Firstly we need to choose the type of CREA DDF® feed we would like to create. There are three types of feeds.
National Shared Pool as a Data Feed Type gives you access to thousands of listings that have been contributed by Brokerage Owners across the country, you can filter those listings by boards, property types, postal codes, price, sale or rent, etc. This is the most common selection, be sure to set your filters appropriately so you are not pulling more listings than your server can handle. Most Digitography website users filter by their board.
Member Website Feed - My Listings as a Data Feed Type gives you access to all the Listing Content that belongs to you. Choose this selection if you want only your listings to appear on your site.
Member Website Feed - One or More offices as a Data Feed Type allows Brokerage Owners and Salespeople, with their Brokerage Owner permission, to pull a feed containing all the listing content belonging to one or more offices in their Brokerage.
4. Now that we have created the feed we need to tell CREA who will operate the Data Feed. Select the "I will not be engaging a 3rd Party Technology Provider to operate my Data Feed" radio button.
provide the Technical Contact Information for your Data Feed. This field should already be filled out, if not provide the requested details.
6. We now need to provide the URL of the website that will be connecting to the CREA DDF® Data Feed. This will be the url of your site. Use the following format: www.yourdomain.com; Where "yourdomain" is the domain selected to have your website created on.
7. We are now ready to filter our feed, select the "I want to use filters to limit the listings provided by the Data Feed" radio button
8. Set the appropriate filters to customize the listing content contained in your Data Feed to meet your needs, most realtors simply choose their board, bu this depends on your needs. Once filters are set click the "Click to review you Data Feed before Saving it" button.
Your feed has now been created. The username and password will be emailed to, us at Digitography, which should have been the email address specified in the "Technical Contact Information" email field in number 5 of this guide.
Now sit back and let us take care of the rest. If you have any questions or require further assistance with creating your CREA DDF® Data Feed, please contact "Client support" at 778-238-7603 or email "firstname.lastname@example.org"